Commercial Vehicles are either a mode of goods transportation or transfers passengers on fare paying basis. These vehicles perform strenuous tasks on a day to day basis. Be it a touring car, that transfers passengers all day long or a truck that carries goods from one place to another, all types of commercial vehicle contributes to business and help in faster transportation. Continuous functioning on an everyday basis exposes such vehicles to certain risks such as accidents and natural calamities. These risks cause severe damage to your vehicle leading to several exorbitant repair costs. With growing inflation, the repair costs and labour charges have also increased tremendously. Paying for such unexpected damages and losses, may hamper your financial planning and may leave you stranded in a difficult situation. To avoid these situations and safeguard your finances, it’s recommended to opt for a total shield for your commercial vehicle.
Unforeseen expenses may threaten your savings, to meet such expenses and secure your vehicles completely opt for a Commercial Vehicle Insurance Policy. Only a comprehensive cover ensures uninterrupted business process and effortless transportation.
Be it an unfortunate accident or theft, HDFC ERGO Commercial Vehicle Insurance helps in meeting medical expenses with personal accident cover and provides financial assistance in case of total damage, theft or burglary. We offer cashless claim services at over 5000+ authorized garages across the country. We offer you a wide range of vehicle insurance plans online for optimum coverage at the most competitive premiums.
HDFC ERGO Commercial Vehicle offers vehicle insurance package policies for various classes of vehicles like Goods Carrying Vehicles Private and Public Carrier, Trailers, Passenger Carrying Vehicles, Miscellaneous and Special Types of vehicles - Mobile Rig, Shovels, Grabs, Tractor, Excavator etc.
Why choose HDFC ERGO Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
- 24*7 Support
HDFC ERGO offers round the clock support for convenience and a hassle-free experience. You can call us on 1800 2700 700 or write an e-mail to:email@example.com
- Zero Documentation
You need not go through lengthy procedures for buying online commercial vehicle insurance policy
- Trusted by Millions
With over 75 lakhs happy customers, HDFC ERGO is a recognized brand for taking care of your insurance needs. The brand has been assigned ‘iAAA’rating by ICRA indicating its highest claim paying ability.
- Fair and transparent claim settlement policies
HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance claims are settled with utmost transparency.
Benefits of buying online HDFC ERGO Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy
- Round the Clock Support
24x7 Claim Assistance
- Cashless claim service
You can avail cashless claim service with over 5000+ authorized network of garages across India.
- Buy online for added convenience
Wherever you go, use your mobile app for instant buying.
- Instant Policy
Thanks to paperless documentation and quick approval, you can download your policy document on successful payment of premium.
The value for your vehicle would depend on the manufacturer’s listed selling price less depreciation for each year or the IDV (Insured’s declared Value). The IDV would be the maximum amount payable in the event of a claim for Total Loss / Theft. Subject to necessary excess/deductibles as per the terms & conditions
What decides my Commercial Vehicle insurance premium?
1. Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
2. Type of vehicle
3. Age of the vehicle
4. Place of Registration
5. Fuel type (Petrol / Diesel / CNG / LPG)
What gets covered?
1. Own damage to the vehicle caused due to
a. Accident by external means
b. Burglary, housebreaking or theft
c. Fire, explosion, self-ignition, lighting
d. Terrorism, riots, strike or malicious act
e. Transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift
f. Earthquake, flood, storm, landslide, rockslide
2. Personal Accident Cover
a. It covers costs incurred during medical treatment of the driver. However, you can choose to cover the occupants by paying additional premium
3. Third Party Legal Liability
a. Accidental death or injury to any third party
b. Any damage to property owned by third party
Choose a variety of optional covers on payment of additional premium, as listed below:
1. Electrical / Non Electrical items can be insured separately
2. Personal Accident cover for owner driver
3. Personal Accident cover for Named / Unnamed Passengers
4. Personal Accident cover for paid driver / employee
5. Legal liability for paid driver in connection with the operation of the insured vehicle
6. Legal liability to Non fare paying passengers
7. Cover for lamps, tyres / tubes, mudguards, bonnet /side parts, bumpers, headlights and paintwork of damaged portion only
8. Use of commercial type vehicles for both commercial and purposes
(The above listed optional cover can be opted on paying additional premium)
What is not covered?
2. Mechanical or Electrical breakdown, failure
3. Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor / Alcohol / Drugs
4. Depreciation, any consequential loss
5. Loss / Damage attributable to War / Mutiny / Nuclear risks
6. Damage to tyre and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time in which case the Liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement
7. Loss / Damage outside India
8. Damage caused by overloading or strain of the Insured Vehicle
9. Damage to any bridge and / or via duct and / or to any road and/or anything beneath by vibration or by the weight of the insured vehicle and / or load carried by the insured vehicle.
*Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed informative list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is Subject to the language of policy issued.