HDFC ERGO Home Insurance plan is uniquely designed to protect your paradise in the best possible way. It extensively covers both structure as well as contents with long term coverage of up to 5 years at an affordable premium. With home insurance policy your prized possessions and home structure gets insured and it gets prepared to deal with any uncertainties that may come thereafter. You can instantly purchase a home insurance policy online without any documentation. It minimizes the time and gives you a hassle free buying experience.
Why HDFC ERGO for Home insurance?
- 24*7 Support
HDFC ERGO offers round the clock support for convenience and a hassle-free experience. You can call us on 1800 2700 700 or write an e-mail to : email@example.com
- Zero Documentation
You need not go through lengthy procedures for buying online home insurance policy
- Trusted by Millions
With over 75 lakhs happy customers, HDFC ERGO is a recognized brand for taking care of your insurance needs. The brand has been assigned ‘iAAA’rating by ICRA indicating its highest claim paying ability.
- Fair and transparent claim settlement policies
HDFC ERGO Home Insurance claims are settled with utmost transparency
Top 5 Reasons to opt for HDFC ERGO Home Insurance Plan
- Offers 5 year long term cover (Only flat/home owners can avail)
- Provision for increasing the sum insured by 10% at the end of every year.
- No documentation and hassle free buying procedure.
- Flexibility to select between two plans
- Discount up to 25% and additional 15% discount for security features under Burglary section
What gets covered under HDFC ERGO Home Insurance Plan?
- Fire & allied perils and Burglary including theft and larceny under one policy
- Structure & household Contents
- Covers risk against Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Implosion, Flood, Inundation, Storm, Riot, Strike, Earthquake, Terrorism (optional), Burglary, Theft and, Larceny
- Building – on Reinstatement Value basis which is current cost of construction * floor area
(For more details on policy coverages, please refer policy wording section)
What does not get covered under HDFC ERGO Home Insurance Plan?
- Loss and/or damage arising out of War, Invasion, Act of Foreign enemy, hostilities, etc.
- Loss or damage due to nuclear perils
- Damage to property due to Pollution and contamination
- Loss or damage due to wear and tear, gradual deterioration or slowly developing flaws.
- Consequential Loss
- Wilful Misconduct or Negligence
- Loss and/or damage to jewellery, precious stones, money, bullion or documents of any kind unless specifically declared.
- Cost of land
- Co-operative societies cannot take long term policy for entire society building
- Property Under construction cannot be covered under this insurance
(For a detailed list of exclusions, kindly refer our Home Insurance policy wording)
Buy Now Renew Online
Home Insurance FAQs
- Why do I need a home insurance?
The home is the most important place for a person and its protection needs is of utmost importance. HDFC ERGO Home insurance provides you with a flexible and comprehensive cover that protects your home against all possible contingencies.
- Are there any special schemes on home insurance?
Yes, with HDFC ERGO’s home insurance, you get the benefit of reduced premiums as well as discounts up to 25% + 15%, depending on the tenure of your policy.
- What is the claim settlement process?
The claim process for HDFC ERGO Home Insurance is pretty straightforward. In the event of any claim, you need to call our toll-free number and register the claim at the earliest with the details of the nature of loss, location of loss, amount of loss (approx. estimation) and policy number for reference. Once the full and final documentation is received, your claim will be processed with prompt turnaround times.
- How is the premium that I have to pay calculated?
The premium you will have to pay will depend on the tenure of the policy you choose and the sum insured, which in turn will be based on the following:
- Policy period chosen
- Built-up area of the house (square feet)
- Cost of construction in your area/locality
- Contents/valuables valued at the current market prices
Depending on the varying factors, the payable premium also varies. There is an online premium calculator available on our website which you can use to calculate the payable amount. What are the eligibility criteria to buy a home insurance?
For individuals - Any resident Indian who is the owner and / or occupant of the property can purchase a Home Insurance Policy. However, Home Insurance - multiyear policy can be issued only to house / flat owners and not to tenants.
For Society – Any authorized member of society’s managing committee can buy policy to cover society building & common utilities wherein policy needs to be issued in name of society. What properties are ineligible for the home insurance?
The following are the properties not covered under the Policy -
What if I already have a home insurance and wish to switch to HDFC ERGO?
- Property Under construction
- “Kutcha” construction
- Resident cum offices
HDFC ERGO provides the option of policy portability which allows you to switch to HDFC ERGOas your home insurance service provider effortlessly, and that too along with the transfer of any no-claim bonus you might have. For detailed assistance, visit your nearest HDFC ERGO branch.
Read more ...