Life never moves as planned, it’s full of uncertainties. Any uncertainties or untoward health issue can affect you mentally and also lead to emotional distress. Laid back lifestyle and increase in the consumption of junk food has led to a large number of ailments that can cause serious diseases. Although medical science has bought up modern treatments and medicines for curing diseases, the cost of medical treatment has seen a steep rise. To afford quality medical treatment and let go the financial worries, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Every year the number of people suffering from life threatening diseases is increasing steadily. To meet medical contingencies and ensure quality treatment, HDFC ERGO has come up with critical illness insurance. It is designed in such a way that it helps you in let going the cost burden to a great extent by paying lump sum amount in one single transaction.
While looking for disease insurance or insurance for critical illnesses always look out for the following coverage.
- Entire sum insured paid in one single transaction, which can be used for further medical treatment, income replacement, paying off debts and fund the change of lifestyle.
- Tax Benefits under Section 80D
How is Critical Illness different from Specified Disease Insurance?
Critical illness is a much broader concept as compared to specific disease insurance. The former covers a list of 10-15 common life threatening diseases, whereas the latter focuses on a single disease and covers all medical expenses at every stage. Most of the time people with family history for a specific disease opt for specified disease insurance for example cancer insurance, however it is recommended to opt for a Critical Illness Cover which covers more than 10 life threatening diseases. Critical illness plans are always rated as the best benefit plan due to the prominent feature that offers lump sum amount in one transaction just on the basis of first diagnosis. For a wider cover against a range of serious diseases, it’s always advisable to opt for Critical Illness health insurance.
List of 15 Critical Illnesses Covered under HDFC ERGO Critical Illness Health Insurance?
Exclusions of Critical Illness Policy
The critical illness health insurance plan comes with certain exclusions. You will not be covered in the following situations:
- War or any act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, war like operations
- Criminal or unlawful act, or intentional self-injury or attempted suicide while sane or insane
- Participation or involvement in naval, military or air force operation, racing, diving, aviation, scuba diving, parachuting, hang-gliding, rock or mountain climbing
- Intoxicating drugs and alcohol
- Venereal disease, "AIDS” (Acquired Immune deficiency Syndrome) and/or infection with HIV
- Any treatment arising from pregnancy (including voluntary termination), miscarriage, maternity or birth (including caesarean section)
For a complete list of exclusions, kindly refer the policy wordings
"Note: The content is descriptive only. For actual coverage, kindly refer the policy document.
Buy Now Renew online
90 days waiting period will apply to all claims, except if any insured person suffers an accident
30 Days survival period
* Pre-policy medical tests charges would be borne by us for all accepted cases. For cases that get rejected, 50% of the medical test charges will be deducted from the premium refund.