Buying a new vehicle brings in a lot of happiness; it’s indeed a moment that calls for a celebration. While you are busy planning for long drives, it’s important that you also safeguard your vehicle. Regular maintenance and careful driving ensures smooth driving, however that would not reduce the possible risks of accident, theft and natural calamities. As per the law mandate, it’s compulsory to get a Motor Third Party Insurance Policy; however, it is equally important to consider the alarming rise in the number of accidents and natural calamities in India which makes it a necessity to have a Motor Insurance cover, as the saying goes “it’s better to be safe than sorry”. With the inflating cost of labour and spare parts, even a minor repair can cost you a fortune these days. Whether you wish to repair a minor dent or any major accidental damage, the costs incurred for such repairs and replacement are increasing day by day.
To deal with such sudden expenses and enjoy a stress-free diving experience, opt for vehicle Insurance. It not only helps in covering unforeseen expenses but also offers an overall protection cover against theft, burglary, accidents etc. With a view of offering motor insurance, HDFC ERGO presents a wide array of policies to choose from.
Did your car just turn 5? Well, if the answer is yes your partner in miles needs utmost care and protection. Choose HDFC ERGO Car Insurance and secure your car with a brand trusted by millions. Offering upto 60% discount for car ageing 5 years and more, it’s the best way to insure your car and keep it protected for many years to come. With over 5300+ network cashless garages, we promise to ensure quick and hassle free claim settlement process. (T&C apply).
You can now instantly purchase a HDFC ERGO motor insurance policy online, avail the benefit of calculating premium and choose the insurance plan that would best suit your vehicle type.
HDFC ERGO majorly offers three types of Motor Insurance Policies: - Private Car Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, Two Wheeler Long Term Insurance and Commercial Vehicle Insurance.
Get optimum cover for your private car to safeguard against third party liability, accidents and damages to the vehicle caused due to various factors including strikes, fire, natural calamities and more.
Giving you comprehensive coverage and complete accountability, this motor insurance policy has been specially designed to keep your two-wheeler secure against damage caused by natural and man-made calamities such as terrorist attacks, strikes, theft and more.
This motor insurance policy safeguards your financial liabilities while your commercial vehicles stand damaged and to ensure that your business keeps going.
Why choose HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance?
- Quick approval for claims
Estimated claim approval for claim within 24 hours, of vehicle reaching garage
- Buy online for added convenience
Wherever you go, get your vehicle covered on your fingertips
- 24*7 Support
HDFC ERGO offers round the clock support for convenience and a hassle-free experience. You can call us on 1800 2700 700 or write an e-mail to:email@example.com
- Trusted by Millions
With over 75 lakhs happy customers, HDFC ERGO is a recognized brand for taking care of your insurance needs. The brand has been assigned ‘iAAA’rating by ICRA indicating its highest claim paying ability.
- Fair and transparent claim settlement policies
HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance claims are settled with utmost transparency.
What gets covered?
1. Own damage to the vehicle caused due to
- a. Accident by external means
- b. Burglary, housebreaking or theft
- c. Fire, explosion, self-ignition, lighting
- d. Terrorism, riots, strike or malicious act
- e. Transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift
- f. Earthquake, flood, storm, landslide, rockslide
2. Personal Accident Cover
- a. It covers costs incurred during medical treatment of the driver. However, you can choose to cover the occupants by paying additional premium
3. Third Party Legal Liability
- a. Accidental death or injury to any third party
- b. Any damage to property owned by third party
What does not get covered?
2. Mechanical or Electrical breakdown, failure
3. Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor / Alcohol / Drugs
4. Any consequential loss
5. Loss / Damage attributable to War / Mutiny / Nuclear risks
6. Damage to tyre and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time in which case the Liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement
7. Loss / Damage attributable to War / Mutiny / Nuclear risks
8. Damage caused by overloading or due to any contractual liability of the Insured Vehicle
*Please note these are illustrative exclusions. For a detailed informative list, kindly refer the policy wordings.
*This content is descriptive only. Actual coverage is Subject to the language of policy issued.
How do I file a claim?
We at HDFC ERGO strive to make the claim procedure as smooth and easy. As our customer, you can avail two modes of claim intimation:-
- HDFC mobile app
- 24 Hour Toll free number
How to see/check policy and policy number?
On completing the successful payment, you will receive SMS stating your policy number. You can also check your policy copy for the same.
Premium/ Price – How do we calculate premium?
Premium depends upon the following factors
- IDV – Known as Insured declared value or the sum insured of the policy. It is calculated based on the manufacturer’s listed selling price and is depreciated each year to account for wear and tear of vehicle. The IDV of the vehicle on the policy is very important as this is the amount that would be payable by the company in case of theft or total loss subject to applicable to excess or deductibles as per the policy terms & conditions
- Age of the vehicle – Apart from being used to calculate the IDV, it may also be used to determine the discounting and add-on rates in premium calculation
- Engine Capacity – The engine capacity of the vehicle may determine the - premium especially Third Party, for the insurance of the policy. There are multiple slabs of engine capacity and premium rate goes up as the capacity of the engine increases
- No claim Bonus – The no claim bonus discount is given to the customer for each claim free year the vehicle has been insured. In case of a claim, accumulated No claim Bonus discount becomes zero.
- Place of Vehicle Registration – The place of vehicle registration also has a bearing on the premium of the policy
Motor Insurance FAQ's
1. Why do I need to insure my vehicle?
With the growing number of accidents and road mishaps, it’s essential to protect your car with a comprehensive cover. Mere a third party policy won’t cover the various risks associated with driving, such as accidents, theft or burglary. Hence, it’s recommended to opt for total car insurance. In India, it is mandatory to insure all vehicles at least for third party liability risks which cover owners against all legal liability for bodily injuries or death or property damage to any third party due to accident involving vehicle in a public area.
2. What are the different types of vehicles that can be insured online at HDFC ERGO?
You can insure private car, two-wheelers and commercial vehicles with HDFC ERGO motor insurance plans.
3. What are the benefits of buying a motor insurance online?
The biggest advantage of buying motor insurance policies online you get the policy document instantly. It also comes with better terms that simplify your purchase decision. You can compare different plans and pick the best one depending on your vehicle type. Also, online motor insurance policies offer you other facilities such as renewal reminder and secure multiple payment choices.
4. What will be the premium for my vehicle?
Premium depends upon various factors such as vehicle type, make and model, cubic capacity, place of registration, usage, previous claim history, vehicle age etc. of the vehicle.
5. When should I renew my motor insurance policy and why?
It is advised to renew your motor insurance policy before the coverage expires. Timely renewal keeps your vehicle insured against the risks without any break and takes care of any kind of loss or damage within the ambit of the scheme you have.
6. What do I need to insure my vehicle?
If you wish to buy/renew your policy online, you don’t have to submit any document.
7. What is meant by IDV?
IDV refers to Insured declared value, is the maximum Sum Assured fixed by the insurer which is provided on theft or total loss of vehicle. Basically, IDV is the current market value of the vehicle. If the vehicle suffers total loss, IDV is the compensation that the insurer will provide to the policyholder.
8. What is no claim bonus?
NCB or No claim bonus is the reward offered by the insurer to the insured for making no claims in previous year policy term. This reward is given in form of premium discount.
9. What is third party risk policy?
Third party risk policy is meant for covering losses to third party person or damage caused to third party property.
10. Are the tyres and tube covered under insurance?
No, if the damage is due to usual wear and tear.
11. What is voluntary excess?
Voluntary excess is the amount which the insured has to pay for the repair, its usually the consumables cost or others expenses which your insurance policy does not cover.
12. What is zero depreciation cover and how it will help me?
Provides benefits against depreciation on parts at the time of a partial loss claim
13. What’s not covered?
14. How to check car insurance online?
Simply log on to www.hdfcergo.com and compare quotes to buy now click here