Buy Now Extend Now
Every aspiration is worthy; let your aims touch the horizons above. Dreams and aspirations shape your career and help in giving a fresh start to the budding phase of life. As a part of growth and learning, aiming for higher education abroad is indeed an exciting opportunity filled with possibilities, scope and a whole new world of experiences. Globalization has opened wide doors for overseas education, and has observed a tremendous rise in the number of students who wish to pursue better prospects outside India. Studying at international countries exposes you to lucrative opportunities and gives you the right environment to foster and learn. It is indeed a big investment that shapes your entire life; however, planning for a prolonged stay in a new country among new people may attract certain risks. When you have to adjust and acclimatize with the new environment, there are possibilities that you may feelunwell or there could also be loss of important documents and luggage. Many other situational difficulties may also hamper your stay and regular lecture routines at foreign countries. Such situations may mentally affect your family and financial stability at international destinations.
Unlike India, the medical expenses at international destinations are quite high; it may cost a fortune for treating a minor ailment or cure any diseases you could be suffering from. Without a valid travel health insurance policy, meeting such unforeseen expenses could be a nightmare. While you have spent enough time and money to get through the admission process, dealing with such emergencies may cause an impact on your routine and finances. Hence, it’s always better to stay safe than sorry. Opting for a Student Travel Insurance will not only take care of your medical needs but also act as a shield to protect you from other emergencies and losses. It ensures a smooth travel experience at international country, so that you can completely focus on your studies leaving behind all the other worries and woes.
HDFC ERGO understands the necessity of student travel insurance due to the rapid growth of globalization. To cover medical emergencies and other losses that could possibly occur due to your prolonged stay, HDFC ERGO student travel insurance offers a plethora of coverage and benefits at a very affordable premium for your desired duration.
Why choose HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance?
- Wide range of plans to choose from
HDFC ERGO offers a wide selection of plans to match your requirements. You can also choose the plans depending upon your family size and age.
- Vast Geographic Coverage
HDFC ERGO offers travel insurance plans across geographies including Schengen countries and length of travel to suit every need
- 24*7 Support
HDFC ERGO offers round the clock support for convenience and a hassle-free experience. You can call us on 1800 2700 700 or write an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trusted by Millions
HDFC ERGO Insurance is a recognized brand for taking care of your insurance needs. With 75 lac+ happy customers the brand has been assigned ‘iAAA’ rating by ICRA indicating its highest claim paying ability.
Benefits of buying online travel insurance with HDFC ERGO?
HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance allows you to buy travel insurance policies online via www.hdfcergo.com or download our app for mobile access.
- Easy, convenient & Time saving
- On the spot plan comparison
- Multiple secured payment options
- Correct information
- 24*7 Customer Support
- Instant policy
What gets covered under HDFC ERGO Student Travel Insurance?
- Accidental Death: Pays the family of the insured compensation in the case of loss of life in an accident.
- Permanent Disablement: Pays compensation if the insured is permanently disabled in an accident.
- Emergency Medical Expenses: Reimburses the insured for medical expenses incurred for an accident or an unexpected sickness.
- Medical Evacuation: Pays the actual costs or the total sum insured, stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser, for repatriating insured back to the country of residence.
- Body Repatriation: Pays the actual costs or the total sum insured stated in the schedule, whichever is lesser, for repatriating insured corpse to the country of residence.
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Reimburses the insured for emergency dental expenses incurred for an injury or acute pain.
- Loss of Passport: In the event that the passport belonging to the insured is lost, the insured is reimbursed the actual expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport.
- Loss of Checked Baggage: If baggage, personal documents or personal effects are checked onto a common carrier, the insured is reimbursed the cost of replacement for any damaged or lost articles.
- Delay of Checked Baggage: Provides an amount for emergency purchases on account of delay in baggage.
- Personal Liability: Pays a benefit for damages that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a lawsuit for property damage being brought against the insured person. Also pays a benefit for medical expenses that an insured person is legally liable for as the result of a law suit for an accident caused by the insured person resulting in bodily injury to another person.
- Bail Bond: Pays the bail amount for the insured on arrest or detention by police for a bail-able offence in the territory of travel.
- Study Interruption: Pays compensation in the event of interruption of study whilst abroad.
- Sponsor Protection: Pays tuition fees to the insured in the event of accidental death of insured’s sponsor.
- Compassionate Visit: Pays amount incurred to the insured in the event of compassionate Visit by one immediate family member.
- Psychological Coverage: Pays for treatment of mental and nervous disorders, including alcoholism and drug dependency.
- Treatment for Expectant Mothers: Pays for in-patient medical expenses related to pregnancy after a waiting period of 10 months.
- Screening and Examinations: Pays for cancer screening and mammographic examinations on recommendation from physician.
- Childcare Benefit: Pays for hospital cash benefits of childcare.
Eligibility for opting HDFC ERGO Student Travel Insurance?
- Age Limit – From 16 years to 35 years age
- Indian students traveling abroad to pursue higher studies
- The existing Indian students, who are studying abroad can also be covered
What does not get covered under HDFC ERGO Student Travel Insurance?
- Any Medical Expenses incurred when the specific purpose of a journey is to receive medical treatment or advice.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred, the need of which arises out of a Pre-existing Conditions.
- Any Medical Expenses incurred within the territorial limits that are not stated in the schedule.
**The coverage, terms & conditions and exclusions are only outlined briefly. For complete details, please refer to the policy wordings.
Buy Now Extend Now
- How do I extend my Policy?
Please send a request mail to for extension of policy along with health declaration attached to it. You will receive a response from us with the detailed procedure and the additional premium amount.
- For how many days can the Policy be extended?
The total policy period including extension should not exceed 2 years.
- Can the sum insured be increased?
The Sum Insured cannot be increased.
- Can the Policy be cancelled?
The policy may be cancelled via request on Email/Fax. The intimation of cancellation has to reach us within 14 days of policy issuance. If the policy has already incepted, a copy of all 40 pages of the passport needs to be submitted as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken. Cancellation charges of Rs. 250/- shall be applicable and the balance shall be refunded.
- What does 'Deductible' mean?
Deductible means the amount of a claim that has to be borne by the insured.